Visa Policy for Botswana
The visa policy of Botswana determines who may enter the African country without a visa and which foreign citizens need a visa for Botswana. Regardless of whether they need a visa or not, all travellers must have a passport with a minimum validity of 6 months upon arrival to gain entry to the country.
Travellers who require a visa for Botswana must now apply online. The electronic visa (e-Visa) system allows foreign nationals to obtain authorization to enter the country for tourism, business, and other purposes.
This simplified electronic visa application removes the need to travel to an embassy or consulate in person and has greatly reduced processing times.
Travel visa restrictions for Botswana currently identify around 100 nationalities who do not need a visa for Botswana for a short stay of up to 90 days within a 12-month period. Visa exemption is granted for purposes of tourism, business, or transit purposes.
Botswana Passport Visa-free Travel 2022
The Botswana passport ranking is 61; the number of visa free destinations accessible with a Botswana passport is 87. Please note, the list of visa-free countries is calculated to reflect the number of countries Botswana passport holders can enter without a visa, through a visa on arrival, and through the eTA.
Countries free visa
Please note if you need a invitation letter email: [email protected]
Need an invitation letter? Email your passport to [email protected]
We all need to do our part
VISIT BOTSWANA GOVERNMENT WEBSITE FOR REGULAR UPDATES
https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/botswana/Covid Update for Botswana
As of March 22, the government has relaxed vaccine requirements for international arrivals. Travellers with two-dose vaccines may enter the country without a booster or third dose. Unvaccinated travellers will no longer be obliged to get vaccinated upon arrival, though must show a negative PCR test result taken 72 hours before arrival. Those without boosters and unvaccinated travellers must undergo testing upon arrival at their own expense. If the result is positive, they must quarantine.
- Facemasks are mandatory in public.
International Travel Restrictions
- International and domestic air travel has resumed. Land border crossings are open.
- Vaccinated travellers with two doses of a two-dose vaccine, or one dose of a one-dose vaccine must present a negative PCR test result taken 72 hours before arrival. They will also be tested upon arrival. Those with a booster may enter the country without a pre-departure PCR test and will not be required to test upon arrival.
- Unvaccinated travellers must show a negative PCR test result taken no more than 72 hours before arrival and submit it to testing at the airport.
- Travellers entering the country must self-monitor and remain in contact with local health authorities for 14 days.
- There is no cost for testing on arrival. Those that test positive or exhibit COVID-19 symptoms will be placed in quarantine at their own expense.
- Returning Botswanan citizens and legal residents who do not possess a negative COVID-19 test certificate will be tested at the border and face up to 14 days of quarantine at a government facility.
- All travellers leaving the country must produce a negative result from a COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before their departure.
Click to visit
Look for Accommodation?
Why not try ……..
Need help? Contact [email protected] for assistants